Mississauga & Brampton, Canada
Mississauga and Brampton CHC Maternity Leave Locum & Permanent Opportunities at both sitesCountry: Canada
City: Mississauga & Brampton
Physician Type: Family Medicine/General Practitioner
Compensation: Salary is per annum is over $200,000 plus hospital like benefits, including 6 weeks vacation and professional development, CME support, LTD, Life Insurance, Defined Benefit Pension, IPad and IPhone (long distance included) CMPA covered, Health and Dental Group Benefits.
Community Health Centre providing primary health care focusing health promotion and prevention since 2008. An interdisciplinary team of health professionals; physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, chiropodist, dietitian, physiotherapist, social worker collaborate to provide a holistic approach to health care to address, both health and social needs. Our approach to client service is client centered, open focused, which includes: fluid and mobile, anti-oppressive, asset based, open and accessible. We value diversity and we provide culturally competent care.
In addition, the Community Team of the Centre works closely with the local community and community leaders to identify and address issues that affect health at local level. Also, we work closely with local stakeholders to increase community capacity.Job Category
- Member in good standing of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and the
College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently in an inter-disciplinary
team environment in which the skills and responsibilities of each team member are
recognized and respected.
- Experience and/or openness to working with communities and individuals who face barriers
accessing traditional health care institutions
- For reasons as such as poverty, discrimination, mental health and substance use issues.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Possesses or is eligible to obtain required malpractice coverage with CMPA.
- A capacity for critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors, such as
power dynamics that affect individual, organizational and community health.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization would be an
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications would be an asset.
- Ability to speak languages relevant to the residents of the organization’s community is an
- Provides leadership, supervision, and guidance in the general organization and operation of
the centre’s medical activities.
- Contributes to the maintenance of client health records, encounter information,
correspondence, clinical protocols, and other data to meet the requirements of the Ministry
of Health, the clinic and regulatory bodies.
- Maintains up to date knowledge and compliance with government guidelines, acts and
legislation pertaining to role or services provided.
Contribution to team and centre activities:
- Participates actively in staff meetings and on interdisciplinary teams.
- Participates in the overall activities of the health centre, e.g. in service training, committees,
special events and shared staff responsibilities.
- Communicates clearly, listens accurately, is open to feedback, handles conflict
appropriately, and displays sensitivity to others.
- Collaborates well with others, promotes cooperation and teamwork.
- Actively participates in discrimination free and an inclusive health centre that strives to ensure that programs and services are as accessible
- Maintains the reputation and confidentiality of the health centre and its clients at all times.
Endorses, models and promotes a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Works in a manner that respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
- Provides primary care directly, emphasizing accessibility, health promotion, illness and injury
prevention and continuity of care in various settings including the centre, satellite clinics and
over the phone.
- Interviews (takes history), examines, makes medical assessments, taking into account the
social and economic determinants of health.
- Diagnoses and treats acute conditions.
- Diagnoses and treats chronic conditions incorporating self management techniques as
- Provides primary care indirectly by working interactively with nurse practitioners, providing
consultation to nurses or other staff, and by developing medical or clinical protocols.
- Provides on-call coverage on a rotating shared basis with other Physicians to ensure that medical care can be accessed 24 hours per day throughout the entire year.
- Maintains hospital privileges, if possible, at a convenient hospital.
- Participates in case conferences with other providers to ensure coordination of client services.
Health Promotion, Education:Participates in community outreach, client education and prevention programs.
Works collaboratively with staff, external health care providers and partner agencies on
projects, health promotion activities, health teaching initiatives, etc.
- Advocates for and with clients to reduce barriers to accessing health care and other services
in the health center and the community.
- Participates in the development and support of public policies and strategies that have a positive influence on the determinants of the health.
Teaching and Research:
- Participates in the design, implementation and evaluation of research studies in consultation
with the other staff members.
- Acts as a supervisor and consultant to healthcare students and participates in the learning
of students from other disciplines.
- Works with other providers and the leadership team to enable all clinical providers to work to
their full scope of practice.
- Conducts practice and maintains professional competence according to accepted standards
of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Maintains membership in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of
- Joins relevant professional groups to maintain professional linkages and support.
- Participates in Quality Improvement programs, chart audits and peer audit processes as
- Maintains and develops current professional competency through professional development
by ongoing learning, medical education, experience and reflective practice
- Participates in educational activities according to the needs of the centre and personal
- The Physician is accountable to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and
other relevant professional bodies for standards of medical practice.
- The Physician will follow the policies, procedures and strategic directions of WellFort
Community Health Centre.
- The Physician is accountable to the Chief Executive Officer.
Immediate for up to 9 months