Nurse Practitioner For Depression Treatment Resistant Therapies in TorontoCountry: Canada
Physician Type: Family Medicine/General Practitioner
About the Position
The clinic is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our innovative psychedelic psychotherapy practice in Toronto, Ontario. The program leverages cutting edge research in psychedelic medicine with evidence-based practices to offer modern mental healthcare solutions. The ideal candidate for this position will have an interest in and/or experience with the healing potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness and a desire to learn and grow within this emerging field.
The clinics will initially offer ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. Ketamine has become an effective option in the treatment of depression, showing faster results than traditional antidepressants which can take many weeks to notice their full potential. Our mission is to heal the sick, and better the well through therapeutic psychedelics. We are a first-of-its-kind venture that is blending operational execution with strategic investing across all aspects of the psychedelics landscape — from basic research on botanical psychedelics to the operation of world-class clinics focused on psychedelic-assisted therapies.
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for the assessment of patients and the administration and monitoring of ketamine therapy. She/he will work under the direction of the Medical Director and Director of Clinical Operations. She/he will take accurate medical histories and transcribe information accordingly into the required EMR software. The Nurse Practitioner will act as a key contact for patients and will perform duties to the highest standard of patient care while maintaining patient confidentiality. She/he will work to create a climate of effective communication between all staff and patients.
Please note hours are for evenings (4-9pm) and weekends (Saturdays 12pm-8pm).
- Assess patients; administer and monitor ketamine therapy
- Take patient history and vital signs while documenting the information in the patient’s EMR chart
- Help to prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary equipment and supplies
- Maintain patient files, records, and other sensitive information
- Uphold provincial and federal confidentiality laws and requirements
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of clinic facilities and equipment
- Provide any additional support needed by the medical director
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external training and continuing education initiatives
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 2 years of recent clinical experience, ideally in a hospital or clinical setting
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and current registration in good standing with the provincial/state licensing body
- Able to visually assess patients as needed while transcribing the information into EMR software
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Data entry and medical transcription an asset
- CPR and ACLS certification required and up to date
- Integrated, lived experiences that support clinical competencies are acknowledged and welcomed
- Experience managing client flow and working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- A grounded, empathetic and warm presence
- A client-centered approach to care
- Impeccable listening and observational skill
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with adversity and an active commitment to personal growth
- Understanding of the physical and psychological effects of psychedelics
- Passion for learning
- Excellent organization skills
How To Apply:
Please send your CV to Kaizen at Kaizen@mdsearch.ca.